Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenancy Renewal

Hi

Im currently renting from a private landlord and its costing me a fortune so im looking to move to a housing association but its difficult for me to do because Im renting privatly. My tenancy agreement is up at the end of this month and I just wanted to know whether if I refuse to renew my landlord will serve me with notice to quit.

I really dont want to stay where i am anyway cause my landlord is rubbish when it comes to repairs and if i get a notice to quit it will be easier to move.

any ideas??

Thanks

Originally posted by babyj View Post
    Im currently renting from a private landlord and its costing me a fortune so im looking to move to a housing association but its difficult for me to do because Im renting privatly. My tenancy agreement is up at the end of this month and I just wanted to know whether if I refuse to renew my landlord will serve me with notice to quit.
    Who knows? There's no need to 'renew' a tenancy anyway - if you don't do so, the existing one will continue to run perfectly legally on a month-to-month basis indefinitely; that's what many landlords and tenants prefer anyway. So there would be no reason for him to ask you to leave.

Bear in mind that if you are seen to make yourself 'intentionally homeless' you will have zilch chance of getting LHA housing, and if he serves you with notice to quit, the landlord will almost certainly be asked why he's doing so. In your scenario, that would rule you out.

Comment

Indeed you won't get a housing association property if you give up your current let property. Why not find a cheaper place?

Comment

I'm in about 10000 pounds worth of debt and i dont have the money for another deposit. Besides its not just the money that makes me want to move. There are things wrong with the property that I've reported over and over again that the landlord is refusing to fix but because its not things like heating, damp etc. its not a health issue so theres no way for me to force them into doing it and theyre now pressuring me to renew my contract which costs me £50 but theyll want me to do it again in 6 months time.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X