MCOL & PCOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think maybe at least a couple of weeks before the hearing. The same timeframe as your submissions to the court.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Hello,
      Another query.

The defendants have completed application n244 to requesting court to aside CCJ and repayments to reduce.

could the court set aside the order with a repayment order or would they be able to dismiss the application to set aside order but include a repayment order with the CCJ.

To vary a judgment the defendant would have to complete a N245 form with income and expense details. The defendants haven't done this. could i request this and the court would be able to dismiss to set aside the order and The defendants need to make new application.

Just queries which are appearing in my head as i read more of the guidance....

Much appreciate any help...

Comment

Just to update this thread : The CCJ set aside hearing was adjourned, as the defendants decided to pull the covid card at the last minute. i turned up at court and the judge explained to me what happened. Court ordered for another hearing and this time it was defaulted to a telephone hearing - the only reason i think this happened is the defendants haven't been in touch with courts to request otherwise (i can only presume this) .

The telephone hearing is next week - i am nervous as i have never attended telephone hearing before. All the hearings in this process (MCOL & PCOL) was always face to face. However as usual, I am prepared to give my best go at this. Although I have sold my property and can actually write off the arrears as a loss, I wouldn't want the defendants to walk away free - at the very least they should have the CCJ on their back for 6 years....

Comment

Just to close of this thread : telephone hearing took place and after a lengthy hearing - the defendants application to set aside CCJ was dismissed and a CCJ with an instalment order was ordered by the Judge. He said he saw no real prospect of the defendant defending the claim, however to resolve he would order an instalment.

so I guess, all seems good for now

Comment

Thanks for the update, good to know.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by OS7 View Post

Right, okay. Oh well i guess i have to pen them an email. Is there a time frame, i have to do this. I sort of decided that i will not contact them, but i guess i may have to as i do want them to drop their case.
              Is it fine to send the evidence by email to both court and defendants or is it required to be sent by letter post?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Previous tenant paid last gas bill based on wrong estimated reading by gas company
                by jpucng62
                I think the company has an obligation to get an actual meter reading at least every 2 years - during covid they accepted photos in place of sending in a meter reader - you could try getting them to accept at least some of the blame.
                20-01-2022, 15:25 PM
              • Reply to Tenant would like loft conversion - dilemma
                by Hudson01
                To agree with the above comments, i would not do it. If your tenant came along with a whole load of other builders quoting for the same job then what are the chances you would pick him as being the very best bet ? Just because his is your tenant does not make him the ideal choice..... if anything it...
                20-01-2022, 15:24 PM
              • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
                by jpucng62
                Also consider the date of the EPC - the assessment has change a lot since they came in 10 years ago and and old assessment may be out by quite a lot of points or may have had work done that is not reflected in the EPC.

I had a house lose 10 points in 10 years without anything else chan...
                20-01-2022, 15:22 PM
                by jpucng62
                Some upgrades are easy - LED light bulbs, loft insulation; others much more tricky - floor insulation; party wall insulation; some are just very expensive - external wall insulation.

The EPC assessment is not fit for purpose so it is really tricky to know what to do. What I wouldn't do...
                20-01-2022, 15:20 PM
              • Section 21 superseded new Section 21 - Landlord Vs Tenant 1 Vs Tenant 2
                by propster717
                Hi all,

I would be grateful for any advice:

I'm a landlord as follows:

AST - commenced 12/04/2021
                6 month fixed term, now contractual periodic (has not been renewed).
                Tenant 1
                Tenant 2
                (No children)
                Guarantor (relation of Tenant 1)...
                20-01-2022, 15:12 PM
              • Reply to Ending of a tenancy
                by Jon66
                I don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but I do not wait for tenants to move out before marketing the property, and I sign the new tenancy agreement providing the current tenant has not attempted to rescind the notice/everything seems to point to them leaving, when they said they would. A 6 week...
                20-01-2022, 15:07 PM
                by jpucng62
                The last 20 years may have been the 'golden years' for BTL. There is more regulation & higher taxation on BTLs; mortgage costs are going up; tenants are getting more rights & EPC C is coming.

The stock market is the place to go instead - £20k per year in an ISA means all tax is...
                20-01-2022, 15:07 PM
              • Reply to N244 Application Notice Q10 Evidence
                by rapid111111
                Thanks for the reply. This is a different case.
                The defendants are asking to set aside. Any paperwork sent to me has come from the courts only and not them.

I've provided the defendants and the court with paperwork in preparation for the hearing to set aside....
                20-01-2022, 15:03 PM
                by davetg
                I still can't think of a better thing to invest in even given all the new regulations. The lessons i have learnt are:-
                1) Never let to people on benefits.
                2) Don't over leverage your borrowing.
                3) Have access to spare funds for unexpected things like a new boiler being required or...
                20-01-2022, 15:00 PM
              • Reply to Possession hearing
                by davetg
                The two I have done were quite informal - the tenants didn't show up so I had to wait quite a while as they give every opportunity for them to arrive late.

I was shown into a room with the judge sitting at a big table and offered a seat on the other side of the table. The judge looked at...
                20-01-2022, 14:49 PM
              Working...
              X