How can I collect rent arrears from a benefits tenant who has left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like some of what he's been smoking. I agree its a very unsatisfactory state of affairs but there's no point spending a pound in the hope of earning ten bob (ie don't throw good money after bad).

Letting houses to the local authority itself results in a somewhat lower rental income and a lot of wear and tear to the decor as they put in people who have no respect for your property but once the local authority have signed under a private sector lease the money is as good as in your Bank. Different issues, but incomparably better covenant to pay the rent.

Comment

Charging order? Magistrates court? Now we know this is a fake problem. I shall enjoy details of the ficticious hearing and OPs undoubted victory!
      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Charging order is for Property, not money/benefits, and Civil issues are dealt with in a county court. I call troll on the OP. Admin, please consider closing this thread.

Comment

As I said.
          But to close it would deprive us of the entertainment of the OP winning his case so I say buy popcorn.
          Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

I just wish Paxlo was my landlord. Whilst I whole heartedly agree it's not good to get into rent arrears, I smell a strong backstory in the narrative laid down so far. I would love to play the role of the "disgusting, benefits-scrounging tenant" he portrays and to face Paxlo in Court with his grandiose ideas and personal vendetta.

Comment

Paxlo just has to be a troll. I've never read such nonsense!

Comment

I don't think so, I think he's a genuine angry person.
                In my experience as a forum moderator a troll does not suddenly go quiet like the OP has here; their fun comes from winding people up.

I do begin to understand why a disabled tenant decides to move out, and to another part of the country.
                (Where it's harder to come round and harass/threaten him?)

Let's face it a disabled person on benefits as their only income would have struggled to get another private rental, and would be unlikely to get a social rental in another part of the country unless they have family ties there.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X