X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashback1966 View Post
    I don't renew my tenancies and let them go periodic. Too much paperwork. However, the landlord needs to give you some re-assurance that he is okay with the tenancy to go periodic. .....
    Whilst LL opinion on this is interesting, it really doesn;t matter. A landlord or agent cannot prevent a tenancy going periodic. End of. The blessed Margaret said so in HA 1988 s5

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/50/section/5

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    Lots of reasons why LL may not be in touch - bottom line is you don't need to worry about being asked to leave suddenly so just carry on and eventually I'm sure your LL will be in touch.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback1966
    replied
    I don't renew my tenancies and let them go periodic. Too much paperwork. However, the landlord needs to give you some re-assurance that he is okay with the tenancy to go periodic. There are good reasons for signing a new tenancy and good reasons for not.

He should have given you some indication.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    The tenancy ending doesn't mean anything specific (you don't have to move out).
    A new one will start automatically.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    At the end of January your tenancy will become a rolling periodic one so there is no need to sign a new tenancy.

A section 21 requires the LL to give 6 mths notice at present due to Covid so you will not have to leave in a rush.

Leave a comment:

• Quietprofrenter
    replied
    Oh, also we have notified landlord it is our preference to renew, did that a month ago still waiting for a response

Leave a comment:

• Quietprofrenter
    started a topic AST due to end in January

AST due to end in January

I’m the tenant, have an AST due to end in January, usually landlord is efficient at renewing but not heard anything and starting to worry.

How much notice does a landlord have to give to tenants that they don’t wish to renew? Does Covid make a difference?

background, have been a good tenant, always paid rent on time and taken care of property, not asking about s.8 or s.21. Just worried we might have to suddenly start looking and packing with little notice

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X