Rent arrears recovery options

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Think yes, £3:60 but only if landlord is council or housing association. Private landlord can;t I think touch benefits.
    The Op has not suggested a direct deduction from benefits but wanted to know from where the £3.60 originates and wishes to set up a payment plan. It's commendable that a person is making an effort. £3.60 is a small amount to us, but 5% of your income is significant to many people.


      Us? Who us? ....
      I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


        Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
        The Op has not suggested a direct deduction from benefits
        His other thread on the subject has brought that up.
        Private landlords can apply for direct payments to cover rent arrears, but this only applies to the current landlord.

        "The maximum rate at which deductions for rent arrears can be made is 20% of the Universal Credit standard amount. This amount may differ depending on whether other deductions or any sanctions or fraud penalties apply."


        Latest Activity