Finally got possession order!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got possession order!

Got email from solicitor this morning with a possession order attached, it asks the tenant to leave no later than this Thursday!
    so I will double check Friday if they have left (unlikely) then it’s on to instructing a bailiff.
    any idea on timeframe for the bailiff?

A possession order giving a tenant two days to leave. Had no idea that was even possible.

Comment

It was heard on the 15th . I am guessing my solicitor wasn’t informed by the court hence the delay in receiving the news

Comment

Congratulations ! What a great news. Was it S21 or S8 ? I hope your property is Tier 1 area if you need bailiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Propertygoesup View Post
          any idea on timeframe for the bailiff?
          Hope you're not in a Tier 2 or 3 area.

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Had no idea that was even possible.
          An order for possession can be forthwith.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Get the paperwork ready for the bailiffs, and put it into the post as soon as you have checked the property is still occupied. I would send them a message that you are going to check the property due to a reported gas leak from the neighbour which happens to be on the same day as they are due to leave according to the court order.....

Comment

No need to check for spurious gas leak in advance, Bailiffs will evict any occupiers on day of evictiion, Provide set of keys to Baillifs/have locksmith on hand to secure the property.

Comment

S21 issued a year ago. Tier 1 currently. Tenant has changed locks so will need the locksmith, do they attend all calls?

Comment

You book / pay for a lock smith to be there at same time as bailiffs.
                  I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                    No need to check for spurious gas leak in advance, Bailiffs will evict any occupiers on day of evictiion, Provide set of keys to Baillifs/have locksmith on hand to secure the property.
                    Lol, certainly not in the South East, minimum 3 months for first bailiff appointment .
                    OP will need to transfer to high court to get them out by Christmas.
                    If they haven't gone of course ....

Comment

Plus there is a Christmas eviction freeze from 14th dec to 11 jan I believe..

Comment

Ok, hard bit done.

If the order is "possession forthwith" then I would just apply for a warrant of possession today. £121 done and dusted, then ask the court in the bailiff wait times - I suspect they'll be lengthy (6 weeks is usual).

You'll get a warrant confirmation and date through the post, and you'll need to fill out a risk assessment for the bailiff and book a locksmith.

Comment

Solicitor has said we can instruct the bailiff for £121 plus their fees if tenant doesn’t leave. Is it worth paying more for the high court? I can change the lock myself it’s only one screw and a barrel. £5 screwfix.

Comment

I think you can charge occupational rent as my barrister told me a while ago. Maybe your solicitor can advise.

Comment

Propertygoesup That’s a bit of good news -maybe there’s some light at the end of the tunnel (have been trying to evict via S21 for a year, although we’re now in Tier2.....Still waiting!)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X