Inheriting Regulated Tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jta View Post
    I believe if the tenancy is to be inherited then the inheritee (is that right?) has to actually reside in the property with the tenant. I might be wrong but I am sure I came across this somewhere. I don't think he can put it in his will either.
    True. See Schedule 1 to Rent Act 1977 re statutory succession rights (limited, post-1988).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Yes that's correct,

I believe its only has to be a period of 6months though, continuous not part-time.

As I said above, I think this is unlikely to happen........

I do have another question,

As the tenants are an elderly married couple - when one of them does 'pass on' will I have have grounds to evicted the other (going through the courts process) on the basis that a three bedroom house is unsuitable for one elderly tenant ??

Comment

No. The cellar is your only solution.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If the surviving tenant does p*ss off into a care home - I SHALL BE CONVERTING THE CELLAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by littlelandlord View Post
            bare children
            Ooo, er. Even worse...
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Jeffery,

Sorry, in the haze of a Wednesday afternoon I dont understand....?!

Comment

I think he means children with no clothes on. And all that implies.

Comment

Oh - Sorry my mistake.

'bear children'

Comment

Jeffrey is a sick individual and needs help. I'd also check his cellars!

Comment

Originally posted by attilathelandlord View Post
                      Jeffrey is a sick individual and needs help. I'd also check his cellars!
                      Full of salt and pepper.
                      Condiments of the house.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X