Check out and deposit advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out and deposit advice

I rent a property with a £1,615.38 deposit held with TDS. The tenancy ended on 30th September 2020 and a check out report was undertaken and sent to me a few days later.

The tenancy agreement says "The agent must tell the tenant with 15 working days of the end of the Tenancy if they propose to make any deductions from the Deposit". That day past yesterday so I emailed the agent this morning asking for the return of my deposit. The agent replied with an AMENDED checkout report with additional photos dated 21st October 2020 (3 weeks after I left the property) simply stating "This amendment was received yesterday and the landlord has a copy of this as well, he has already requested we obtain a quote for certain items which are listed as your responsibility, and we are waiting to see if there is anything else further he would like us to obtain a quote for."

What are my rights here? Given their own contract says they have 15 working days to propose deductions and that has past I everything no irrelevant and I can demand the return of my deposit in full? If not where do I stand on the amended report?

New items on the report include dust, cobwebs and the height of a hedge. Given that I moved out 3 weeks ago I find this unreasonable.

Go to the TDS website and request the deposit be returned to you.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Am I within my rights to request the full despot with no deductions given that they have not quoted for, given an amount, etc within the timeframe of 15 days they stipulate?

Comment

Yes, you are.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X