No Pets allowed to be made illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly enough, you can't stop tenants keeping rabbits (or chickens) in England and Wales.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      Oddly enough, you can't stop tenants keeping rabbits (or chickens) in England and Wales.
      It appears to me from reading a great many posts on this forum you cannot stop tenants doing a lot of things in England & Wales !!!

Comment

Let's wait and see what the bill actually says and see if it gets any further.
        The second reading is in January, and who knows what might happen between now and then?
        It only takes one member to object to a private members bill to halt its progress. The government will likely object anyway because they are already planning changes to tenancy legislation.

10-minute bills have the lowest priority. Even in normal times they usually don't have time to be heard, and I suspect parliament may be busier than usual in the coming months. (From 1970-2010 only 16 such bills actually passed.)

Comment

Outdoors maybe but indoors? Surely not!

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
            Outdoors maybe but indoors? Surely not!
            The legislation s from 1950, and simply specifies the "land", which is both in and out of doors.

It does say they shouldn't be "kept in such a place or in such a manner as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance..."
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Anyone get the impression JPK is anti-landlord?

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                Why would anyone think that?

Comment

Why would anyone think that?
                  Guess I'm the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                    I'll defend you jpkeates! I think your posts are generally well balanced and accurate whereas some others are very emotion driven and off topic!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X