Inventory cost dispute with agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory cost dispute with agent

My tenant of 3 years signed in to pay the outgoing inventory..the agency has just advised that we must pay this now (as of June). I thought it applied to new contracts from June..is she correct or trying to pull the wool over my eyes? Seems contracts are not worth the paper tray after written on, if this is the case.

Agent is correct by virtue of the Tenant Fees Act 2019 terms requiring a tenant to pay for third party services are no longer valid

Comment

Even if your tenancy agreement had been a three year one (which is unlikely) it would still not be payable because, even though you would have priced it into your contract, contacts are as you say "not worth the paper tray after written on". Next time just charge more rent and don't charge extra fees.

Comment

Originally posted by lordluvus View Post
        I thought it applied to new contracts from June.
        New contracts from June 2019, all contracts from June 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
          Even if your tenancy agreement had been a three year one (which is unlikely) it would still not be payable because, even though you would have priced it into your contract, contacts are as you say "not worth the paper tray after written on". Next time just charge more rent and don't charge extra fees.
          It's almost like there's a power disparity between landlords and tenants, in that landlords can dictate terms and tenants have to go along with it or be homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by newtenant9011 View Post

It's almost like there's a power disparity between landlords and tenants, in that landlords can dictate terms and tenants have to go along with it or be homeless.
            What on earth does that mean? X offers a service in a market at a price. Others compete on that price. The customer can either accept the service or they don't. The market, risk and legislation determines the price.

Of course there are disparities in any transaction (by definition someone is choosing whether to buy and someone is choosing whether to sell) - tenants can choose where to expend their resources, landlords can choose who to accept (based largely on the risk caused by legislation).

Comment

Originally posted by newtenant9011 View Post
              In the same way that a supermarket can dictate the terms they sell food and people have to go along or starve to death?
              Or car dealers dictate terms and people have to go along or take the bus?

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X