Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a Form 6A required?

Hello all

I've just been looking at a S21 validity checking flowchart from a well known Housing Law blog. It suggests that unless the S21 looks "exactly like the Form 6A", then it is invalid.

However, the .gov website states that "In England, use form 6a if your tenancy was started or renewed after 30 September 2015. You can also write your own Section 21 notice"

Therefore, does a notice really need to resemble Form 6A? Or would a signed notice that includes all key information (names and addresses of both LL and tenant, date of service, date of expiry allowing sufficient time etc.) be valid?

Thanks

Why on earth would you want to not use form 6a?

Why add a risk that it wouldn't be valid because a judge didn't fancy using your form?
    If the tenancy began before 30 September 2015 some of form 6a isn't relevant, but you would be best advised to use it regardless.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

How good are you at citing authorities and giving arguments on how your DIY form is "substantially to the same effect" to the prescribed form?

Just use the form as prescribed.
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Another way to suffer from Covid
        by Hudson01
        You say he can afford the rent... how do you know that ? Does he work ? The idea of claiming under a '' false statement '' will be very difficult to prove, i would seek the assistance of a professional agency who can check all your paperwork and get this parasite out.
        01-03-2021, 15:45 PM
      • Another way to suffer from Covid
        by P'd off of Romford
        Hi Guys

Yes, sorry, this is another tale of woe, for which I apologise in advance....

FirstIy, I have Multiple Sclerosis, and as a result, can no longer work in my professional field.

For this reason, I have recently rented out my former home, as a means of a small...
        01-03-2021, 11:27 AM
      • Reply to Legal question
        by mind the gap
        No sadly, it isn't possible and even if it were, he is happy where he is. He has been offered the option, but has declined.

The thorny issue seems to be the capacity question. To any sensible human being, the fact that he can forget a decision as soon as he has made it would suggest that...
        01-03-2021, 15:43 PM
      • Legal question
        by mind the gap
        Hi all, hope you're keeping safe.

Not sure which forum to put this in - happy for Moderator to move if appropriate.

Scenario is as follows. In 2018, elderly widower changes the will he made jointly with wife in 1980s. He does it all properly, using a solicitor and include...
        01-03-2021, 13:01 PM
      • Reply to Notice Period to Tenants
        by annam222
        Thank you very much. I didn't realise that a section 21 had to be served, this is my first time renting out my flat. I thought that once the 12 month period ended that we either renew or the agreement just ends.
        I may want to sell the flat in Spring next year so I had queried with the estate agents...
        01-03-2021, 15:42 PM
      • Notice Period to Tenants
        by annam222
        Hi all,
        I rent out my flat using an estate agents let & collect service. It is rented out using an assured shorthold tenancy agreement of 12 months (no break clause). The 12 months ends in August this year. I have just been told by the estate agents that "due to Covid the law has changed...
        01-03-2021, 14:54 PM
      • Reply to Your move references
        by Hudson01
        Ditto, i do not accept guarantors, so its a binary choice for me....
        01-03-2021, 15:39 PM
      • Your move references
        by MrsB27
        Can anyone give me any information on your move referencing please?

myself and my husband have paid holding deposit and been down with our passports to arrange right to rent check. They have advised referencing is done through Experian or equifax and that it’s nothing to worry about....
        28-02-2021, 19:57 PM
      • Reply to Legal question
        by Hudson01
        Wow..... some children can be the spawn of Satan..... but that aside, is it possible for him to move in with any of the other children etc, then the rogue child will not have as easy access to him, sad i know and it may not be possible with the adults in all the various families all working but it could...
        01-03-2021, 15:31 PM
      • Reply to Notice Period to Tenants
        by Hudson01
        If i were a betting man..............if this ended on the day it should..... there would be carnage and all the left wing would be up in arms and the name of the ' Landlord ' would be even lower than it is now, i can see it being extended again....
        01-03-2021, 15:22 PM
      Working...
      X