Statutory Declaration Form issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statutory Declaration Form issues

I am about to claim the tenant's full deposit to cover my loss. First part of the form (tenancy details)mentions this tenancy ended on: the thing is he is on rolling contract and has left for more than a month without telling me anything. How to fill up this part? The second part ( statutory declaration reason) I will tick the first one because written notice means postal notice I think. The third part I actually can record amount claimed for nearly 2000 pounds ( damage + rent arrears) but total amount claimed on the bottom of the form will be little more than 10 percent , is it ok to fill up like that ? Many thanks for your advice.

The tenant moving out wouldnt be enough on its own to end the tenancy. What actions have you taken to ensure it has ended?

Comment

You should ask the deposit protection company help line.
      All the schemes are slightly different.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I have already asked the DPS for the releasing the full deposit to me but they have been waiting for the tenant's response obviously the tenant didn't answer. What can I do.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
          The tenant moving out wouldnt be enough on its own to end the tenancy. What actions have you taken to ensure it has ended?
          What action? I have contacted him couple of times but no answer. But one thing for sure he won't and can't come back any more. I didnt force him out he chose to run away himself.

Comment

What action do I need? He doesn't answer my phone or emails shall I keep this room for him for ever? Long life my wonderful tenant !

Comment

The problem that arises from that is that you don't know when the tenancy ended, which means that it is possible that it hasn't.

A landlord can't simply decide that a tenancy has ended without risk.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                The problem that arises from that is that you don't know when the tenancy ended, which means that it is possible that it hasn't.

A landlord can't simply decide that a tenancy has ended without risk.
                I know I can't decide but.he has for sure left and lived with his friend I guess. He can come back if he can pay back that 2000 pounds otherwise I will fkuc anyone (even the authority) who say I have to let him come back

Comment

Oh dear. If he's reading this then he's probably calculating the compensation he can claim for illegal eviction.

Comment

I've been waiting over a year for DPS to release deposit where tenant did a bunk. My advice is don't waste too much time on them other than 5 mins on their trustpilot reviews.
                    Re-let and move on and CCJ if you know where tenant is.

Comment

Originally posted by Section20z View Post
                      I've been waiting over a year for DPS to release deposit where tenant did a bunk. My advice is don't waste too much time on them other than 5 mins on their trustpilot reviews.
                      Re-let and move on and CCJ if you know where tenant is.
                      What's causing the hold up?

Comment

Oh dear. If he's reading this then he's probably calculating the compensation he can claim for illegal eviction.
                        I did not evict him. He ran away himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                          What's causing the hold up?
                          I think it is policy in order to give the tenant every possible opportunity to respond.

"It's the tenants money after all blah blah etc"

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
                            I think it is policy in order to give the tenant every possible opportunity to respond.

"It's the tenants money after all blah blah etc"
                            Possibly - it's just not been my experience, that's all.

I've just checked back, because I was starting to doubt my memory.
                            Missing tenant was lead tenant and had split from partner, done a runner and she'd given notice and was moving out owing rent.
                            Tenant left June/July 2018, waited about six weeks expecting someone to dispute my claim.
                            Nothing, so got the claim form (which was the hardest part), took me a while to get it notarised and I posted it in September (I think) and received the money at the start of October.

It's possible the process has changed since then.

Comment

It took me months of chasing, maybe I annoyed them and they kept putting it to the bottom of the file!

I'm doing another one in a couple of weeks, I'll post it and just leave them to it and report back.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X