Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Charging for Wasted Call Out

Hi All,
    Was wondering if someone could help me with an email i recieved today from my Letting Agent (I'm the tenant)
    I moved into this apartment 6 weeks ago, had a lot of issues that have been left over from the previous tenant so still have a lot of emails going back and forth regarding these.
    Last week, I noticed a small leak in the cupboard under the kitchen sink, nothing major, but the wood on the bottom shelf was discoloured from where this leak had been drying. I emailed the agency to advise of this and explained it wasn't urgent, but would like somebody to look at this. 4 days later, a contractor came to flat and looked at the pipe under the kitchen sink. He advised everything seemed fine and there wasn't a leak. I questioned whether it could be the washing machine or dishwasher and he said 'wouldn't have thought so'. He was literally here for 5 minutes and then left.
    Today, I have recieved an email from the Agency stating they will invoice me for a wasted call out as there wasn't a leak. I'm really unhappy about this as there is clearly a leak. I have even sent photos showing drops on the wood and the discolouration proving this. Was just wondering what your thoughts are on this and if I have an argument against this charge?
    Thanks

It was your decision to call them.
    It was their decision to visit. If there is a charge they charge that to the landlord.

Ask if they plan to charge you in future to report potential things which might cause damage to the property - in which case you won't alert them.

Comment

Tell the agent you disagree with the plumber's finding and there is a leak and you will NOT be paying. Ask the agent to call and see the problem for himself.
      Ask for the landlord's address if you don't already have it and write on paper to that person telling them of what has happened and inviting him to see what is happening at his property. See where that gets you.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X