Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Renew EPC

My EPC is due to expire soon

Tenant is making a load of excuses to prevent the assessor from coming to the property

If the EPC expires and i renew a week or two later is this an issue? (e.g. If i wish to evict the tenant at a later date?)

Or is it mandatory to renew the EPC (no matter what) before expiry?

You only need an EPC when marketing the property or letting it to someone new.

You have to have given an EPC to a tenant before serving notice, but (as far as I know) it doesn't have to be updated thereafter.

Theoretically, it's not legal to let a property with a low EPC rating, and, without an up to date test, you can't be 100% sure the property is lettable.

But there's no issue if there's a gap.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

A valid epc was provided before the tenant moved in.

However, the epc will expire shortly and thus during the current tenancy.

However if there is no issue with the gap between the soon to be expired epc and the new one, then that is great news.

Many thanks

Comment

Just to say I had an epc done remotely using what's app video calling and a cooperative tenant. Ask your tenant if they will do this. It took about 40 minutes and cost £55. South east England.

Comment

Cotton,

There is no point in getting a new EPC until you want to sell or relet the property.
          That might be 5 years away, so why spend the money now?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X