• Show
Clear All

Lawyers can be really anal and insist on everything being correct! Sorry 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
      Ask for year's rent in advance?
      I agree with this!

Comment

Americans would not be so surprised by such a request.

Comment

I think letting to anyone who is going to leave the country needs to be cash up front - there is just no chance to get your money if they leave without paying.

Comment

I don't have any relevant experience, but a mature student with a university place and two pets is about as safe a bet as it's possible to have.

No one travels overseas to study expecting to go home early, and, if that happens, something completely unexpected has happened, which you'd probably accept and deal with.
            I'd make sure the income covers the extra cleaning you'll need to do at the end of the rental because of the pets and plan for that.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post

No one travels overseas to study expecting to go home early, and, if that happens, something completely unexpected has happened, which you'd probably accept and deal with..
              Like Covid!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
                Lawyers can be really anal and insist on everything being correct! Sorry 🤔
                Not just lawyers.

Damn, there I go again.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
                  by an0nymous
                  It might not be them tbf. This being said, I've moved into a place where the sink and the bath was blocked. I just bought drain unblocker, and used it overnight.

Then I got those sink strainer things. Easy...
                  13-04-2021, 20:54 PM
                • Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
                  by sushi
                  My kitchen sink has been blocked for almost 3 weeks.

The landlord/agent has been dragging his feet getting a plumber out and when someone did come, they confirmed my suspicions that it's something more just needing to pour some unblocker down (this is why I haven't called someone out myself...
                  13-04-2021, 18:06 PM
                  by sushi
                  I'm not denying that it could our fault. However, that mixed with the plumbing job not being the best is exacerbating the issue.

We've lived here for 7 years....
                  13-04-2021, 20:52 PM
                  by AndrewDod
                  99.9999% of the time blocked kitchen sink is your problem and your fault. What do you think is the cause and how long have you lived there??...
                  13-04-2021, 20:49 PM
                • Reply to Possession order question
                  by pebblepebble
                  Nothing happened for my review hearing, the solicitor said he had never had a call from the courts but he and I had to be available 'just in case'. The attended hearing was about 10 weeks later. Defendant didn't turn up, PO awarded together with costs. Judge wouldn't allow escalating to HCEO.
                  13-04-2021, 20:39 PM
                • Possession order question
                  by Borgie
                  Got a telephone hearing early next month to get possssion order. Can anyone talk me through what is likely to happen at this please. Plus will it definitely proceed to a physical hearing ( have a date for this if it happens) or could the possession order be granted at the telephone hearing?
                  13-04-2021, 18:18 PM
                  by sushi
                  We're careful when using the sink what goes down. We've called out people for things in the past and they've told us that it wasn't installed or whatever properly to start with. It seems we're suffering the consequences of shoddy workmanship and doing things on the cheap....
                  13-04-2021, 20:39 PM
                  by sushi
                  I have tried to unblock it with a plunger and unblocker but it didn't work. A few months ago we called out a plumber who unblocked until it happened again almost 3 weeks ago.

That's why I'm convinced there's a problem with the whole system.

I'd rather it be officially attended...
                  13-04-2021, 20:36 PM
                • Reply to Can anyone share a template Contract please?
                  by Jon66
                  Funnily enough I also reached the same conclusion as ExpertInAField and jpkeates . . . hence my comment that this may not be the right business for them 🤔 I would still like to know in what way the quoted clause is contradictory, anyway clearly learning is not in Vene's agenda....
                  13-04-2021, 20:32 PM
                Working...
                X