Has anyone been given new eviction hearing date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been given new eviction hearing date.

Dear Forum,

I had 2 evictions listed for 25th March but both were cancelled via email the day before due to Covid.

I'm desperate to evict the 2 tenants who have trashed my house as simply using it as a drug den, but the local Court Nuneaton still wont give me any clearer indication for a hearing, other than sometime after the 23rd August.

Just wondering if others are experiencing the same?

Cheers

Courts will not resume until after the 24 August when they open up, some have opened earlier, but you need to just stay in contact with the court where the hearing is going to be held (there's no benefit in knowing that another court is doing them earlier or later than the 24th August, as you wont be able to transfer it to that court).

It's always a stressful time to evict someone, especially when money is owed, and you think they will trash the place, but unfortunately let the slow system do it's thing and the T's will soon be gone, just make sure you follow through with a CCJ if they owe any money to you.

Comment

There are no possession hearings possible in England until after 23rd August.
      The courts have been told not to hold them, full stop.

In order to restart the process a "reactivation notice" is required.
      Details in this thread - including a link to the new rules and a reactivation notice idea https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...session-claims
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyroom View Post
        Dear Forum,

I had 2 evictions listed for 25th March but both were cancelled via email the day before due to Covid.
        Do you mean the Bailiffs were due that day, or that hearings were scheduled for that day?

Comment

Hearings due on the 25th March.

I just thought that if hearings can start after the 23rd August, LL / tenants would be given dates etc for hearings, but it seems from what I'm reading any hearing will be a long time coming and full of potential pit-falls.

It just seems impossible for me to make a HMO safe when I have a drug dealing scumster happily inviting anyone to come into a property to buy whatever they need.

Comment

I just thought that if hearings can start after the 23rd August, LL / tenants would be given dates etc for hearings, but it seems from what I'm reading any hearing will be a long time coming and full of potential pit-falls.
            You will have to serve a reactivation notice after 23rd August, after which a new date will be issued.

The laws haven't changed, so any potential pit-falls are, so far, not new ones.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

It just seems impossible for me to make a HMO safe when I have a drug dealing scumster happily inviting anyone to come into a property to buy whatever they need.
              If this is true why don't you report to the police?

Comment

Have reported many times to the Police, they don't do anything other than give me a crime number - have sent photos showing small scales - bags of weed - numerous bongs - endless canisters of nitros oxide, but they are gathering intelligence as tenant walks around the area smoking his weed in a wasted state, then every now and then travels to his supplier.

Comment

Ah yes the beauty of cut-to-the-bone public services in GB of 2020... who needs police officers anyways?

Comment

Spent ages going around in circles with my legal cover and the courts in trying to find out when and what I need to serve on tenants and send to the Courts.

Am I right in thinking that I can't serve anything until after the 23rd August and what else will I need to serve other than a reactivation notice to the tenants.

I can't believe the court staff that I'm speaking too don't have any knowledge of any reactivation notice.

Cheers

Comment

You can't serve anything until 23rd August.

The reactivation notice is served to the court.

If the case is based on rent arrears, you'll need an up to date schedule of rent owed.

The reactivation notice asks about the impact of coronavirus on the tenant, if you don't know, you could enquire - although you don't have to.

Comment

Did anyone else see ITV news just now? There is calls for the eviction ban to be extended again, the latest sob story being used as an excuse to justify it is that the colder months are on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BTL investor View Post
                          Did anyone else see ITV news just now? There is calls for the eviction ban to be extended again, the latest sob story being used as an excuse to justify it is that the colder months are on the way.
                          God help us if that happens. It's not even my tenant I need to evict, it's a relative. My tenant has move abroad and bought property over there so won't be coming back, allowed his relative to move in. And now 5 months rent unpaid.

Comment

I wonder if the government can go back on their promise to lift the ban under pressure now ?

Comment

Government will do whatever suits them. They changed their minds about masks and forced us to wear them just because other countries are wearing them.
                              Nicola Sturgeon has said Scotland is extending the eviction ban until April next year so Boris and Co will now have to decide whether to stick with August 23rd or to extend it just because Scotland are.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...ounces-2940521

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...n-on-evictions

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X