Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement offer advice

Hi All

I have a verbal agreement with the TT. He will vacate the property next week and pay a small part of the rent he owes. ( I was tired of waiting and honestly, I don´t mind losing money if I get rid of him and never have to talk to him again) In exchange, I will not fill out a reactivation notice for eviction. (Case was adjourned because of Covid).

In case TT leaves next week. Would it be enough for me to not send the reactivation notice, or do I also have to cancel Section 8 and Section 21? if he´s still at my property by the end of next week I will file the reactivation notice and proceed with Section 21, etc.

Both parties want to have something in writing and signed, Do I need to get this done by the same legal team that filed S8 and S21 or can I use a standard document between TT and myself? Any ideas about the cost and a company that can provide this ASAP?

Thanks!

You can't actually cancel a s21 or s8 notice.
    If you don't send the reactivation notice, the notices time out (S21 after 6 months, s8 after 12).

There's not a standard document, but if you and the tenant agree the text and are happy with it, that would be fine.
    Otherwise a solicitor would charge whatever the market will stand, I'd expect a few hundred pounds but less than a grand.

But it's more likely that your tenant might be unhappy with it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks so much. I will talk to the TT and see if he is happy to settle this without getting lawyers involved.

Comment

Don't transfer or give any money until the property has been emptied and you have the keys.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X