Landlord postponing moving date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 10 days ago according to post #1
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Update: the landlord did not let me into the property and said I should go to court if I feel that's what I want to do. I contacted Shelter, Citizens Advice, Law Centre, but they were not very helpful.

What should I do now? I am not from the UK, so to navigate the legal system here is quite new to me. Should I file a police report?

Comment

What reason did the landlord give for not letting you into the property and for not giving you your money back?

The police won't be able to help, because it's a civil matter not a criminal matter.

I think what you need is a solicitor.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          What reason did the landlord give for not letting you into the property and for not giving you your money back?

The police won't be able to help, because it's a civil matter not a criminal matter.

I think what you need is a solicitor.
          He said: "If you need to take legal action please go ahead. I’m not refusing you entry just changing the date due to circumstances and the pandemic."

Whatever that means.

Comment

Did he tell you when you would be able to move in?

Could you politely suggest that he takes legal advice as you have (no one will know it's a random man on a web site)?

Comment

Can't the tenant is entitled to take the locksmith to the property and change the locks & enter??

Comment

Report the LL to Council for illegal eviction.
                DO NOT enter/change locks.

Comment

It can't be an illegal eviction if the tenant isn't in occupation.

Comment

Noted, but LL should be resp for T's out of pocket expenses, depending when they were incurred.

Comment

Totally agree.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X