Wasp nest/insect infestation in walls - T or L responsibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasp nest/insect infestation in walls - T or L responsibility?

We have just discovered the beginnings (we think) of a wasp's nest in a wall at the back of the house. We also had an insect infestation in the conservatory which the LL came and sprayed out. I'm not asking this because I am about to get into a dispute with my excellent LL, just wanting to know because I'd imagine that removing the next would involve structural damage to the wall.
    Attached Files

The nest needs to be sprayed so that it kills the colonies inside, once this is done, it will take a week or 2 for it to be completely empty of wasps. You don't need to remove it, as it's very unlikely for another wasp to then go into it.

If you did want to remove the nest, then you would do this from inside the property not the outside. and it would be between the bricks and the plaster boards.

Comment

Looks like some mortar cracks in ext wall needs re-pointimg/fillimg to prevent further insect ingress.

Comment

That looks more like a Mason Bee's hole.

Have you seen the actual insect(s)?

Mason Bees are usually solitary, so if there are a lot coming out then it's probably not that.

At my local pub we currently have a very active Honey Bee hive in the rafters above the gents toilet.
        They are in and out of the eaves all day.

Although one or two customers mistake them for wasps they look nothing alike and are harmless.
        Honey Bees can sting but don't except in extremes because they die, they'll just fly around you.

They will have to be removed eventually or the weight of the honey can bring down the ceiling, most areas have a bee society who will take honey bee nests away for free or only a small charge. (They want the bees to put in hives and collect the honey).

Bee/wasp identification: http://www.beeloved.co.uk/buzzfeed-1...ebee-or-a-wasp

Comment

As above - you need to identify the actual insects. Do NOT kill bees.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X