X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by nukecad View Post

I wouldn't admit to that if I were you, it has just been ruled unlawful discrimination to have a blanket policy of refusing to let to benefits claimants.
    https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ss-is-unlawful

Obviously what your policy is in your mind is another matter, but if you automaticly refuse any enquires from those on benefits or have multiple properties with no tenents on benefits you may find someone looking at why that is.
    Yes i know, and of course there are more ways to skin a cat so to speak, but right or wrong, this has been my view from the very beginning and up to now i have had zero issues with any of my properties or tenants so either i have had very good luck or i am on the right track, either way i am unconcerned and will continue as i am.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post
    This (and others) is the reason i will not take prospective tenants on HB or UC.
    I wouldn't admit to that if I were you, it has just been ruled unlawful discrimination to have a blanket policy of refusing to let to benefits claimants.
    https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ss-is-unlawful

Obviously what your policy is in your mind is another matter, but if you automaticly refuse any enquires from those on benefits or have multiple properties with no tenents on benefits you may find someone looking at why that is.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Simple answer...... yes i do. Let us also remember that even if the courts do find for you the kind of monies you are likely to get is peanuts. This (and others) is the reason i will not take prospective tenants on HB or UC.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    started a topic Tenant Debt

Tenant Debt

I had a T 2 years ago who I successfully evicted due to property damage and rent arrears totally £8.5k. After talking with the council, I've found out the T was overpaid in housing benefit to a total of £6k, they have now started to claim this back by not paying the benefits until the debt of £6k is repaid back. Does anyone else see this as unfair, that the council can stop the payments to re-coup the debt back, while a LL can only go through small claims, and wont get any money back as the courts would deem the T would not have any money to be able to pay back.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X