Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTC
    replied
    Tell them you want to unwind the tenancy.

Keep those messages from the other viewers that support your case that the photos are materialy different to the actual condition of the property. If you have photos of the current condition, even better.

Leave a comment:

• Anna T
    replied
    Thank you ash72, I don't think an inventory was collected. The previous tenant moved out the day before and they asked us if we wanted to see it (as we live in the same building) before they even did any cleaning. So I am imagining "okay, after they clean the toilet won't be black." But the overall condition of the flat is just so hard to imagine with all of the issues. I will contact the manager. I am curious to know about the "tenant non viewing agreement" we were supposed to sign but didn't (there were a lot of forms). If anyone knows if I can bring this up as leverage (and if it has any legal weight), please let me know. Were they supposed to show us an inventory report?

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    I would either take photos of the current state of the property, speak with the manager of the branch and show them the difference (false advertising) of the photo's they posted online, and the recent ones. If you get no joy with manager, I would then escalate it to the scheme that they are a member of for abdication on the matter.

You could also try trading standards due to the false advertising. Was an inventory conducted? What that state on the condition in the report?

Leave a comment:

• Anna T
    started a topic Non viewing agreement with Agent

Non viewing agreement with Agent

I was hoping to get some advice. We recently signed a lease for a flat in the same building that we currently live in as our lease is ending (each flat is privately owned.) We rented it through {Agent}. We never did an in-person viewing because at the time they were not doing them due to Covid-19. We viewed the flat a few days ago and found it was shockingly different than the photos which almost look like they were taken several years ago when the paint was fresh, furniture was new. Most of the furniture is falling apart, it was filthy, window paint was chipped everywhere, radiators were missing their tops (dangerous), the mattresses were so badly stained with what almost looks like blood, the floorboards were broken, and it just looks like a totally different flat. I literally started crying when we left the flat I was so overwhelmed. We spoke to the {Agent} agent who advised us to try to find someone else to take over the lease before we move in. We actually had quite a few people ask for a viewing (the pictures do look great) but when they saw it they all messaged saying how different it looks from the pictures. I am not sure what to do. There was a "non viewing agreement" in our {Agent} profile that we never signed. Can we leverage this at all? Thanks, Anna

Also, has anyone signed a "tenant non viewing agreement?" What does it say? I don't even want to open mine as I don't want it to sign automatically when I click it.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X