Temperamental Water Supply in Flat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you do that?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      Why do you do that?
      Now - for the sheer joy of getting away with breaking the law.
      previously - regularly turning stop cock prevents seizure, prevents winter floods in vacant properties and is particularly useful when working on the water system
      In fact my AST's make a point of advising tenants where the main water valve is, but I better cease or could be accused of aiding and abetting tap turning😁

Comment

I'm slightly confused.

The responsibility for the supplier for water pipes ends when the pipe comes onto your property.
        I suspect that's where the stopcock is that they're talking about.

There's a stop cock next to the meter when the water comes under my border hedge.
        I imagine that's the one that they own, rather than the stopcock in the kitchen.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I'm seriously confused. I haven't even got a hedge

Comment

hedges aside...LOL
            We have a similar situation in our building. I spoke to severn trent and I was told that when the building was converted into flats each flat should have had a seperate supply. They were also confused because they said water meters should never have been fitted in each flat because they didn't have their own supply. Conversion was done before my time.
            As an alternative to putting an individual supply into each flat we were told we could apply for a larger diameter supply pipe to the property which should help. But we haven't got any further than that (no-one has ever complained)

Comment

Interesting option regarding the bigger supply pipe. I dont know whether that would require some pressure regulation within each flat though.

Comment

You need to find out more about this conversion. Did they have the pipes split by the water company?. That involves digging the front of the garden and may be the pavement. Also, it may be a local water supply issue. Speak to the neighbours to the left and right. They may have to install a water booster, but they can be noisy. The best solution is digging up the road. The water company, do tend to shirk their duty.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X