Notice period correct date??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice period correct date??

Hello everyone, I want to serve a section 21 notice to a tenant who is on a periodic tenancy. The tenancy finished on the 21/2/2018 and I want to serve the notice tomorrow. What would be the correct date?

As it is a section 21 it should be two clear periodic tenancy months so if we count 2 months from 21st July that will be 21st August and then 3 months from there so 21st November is that correct.

If you want to serve the notice tomorrow it will have to be served by hand.
    You need to give three month's notice.
    So it would end in October - I'd allow a day or two just in case.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Even if it is a periodic tenancy?

Comment

The Tenancy period appears ens 20th of month, assuming no new ASTs.

Comment

Originally posted by hazedunks View Post
          Even if it is a periodic tenancy?
          Yes - unless it's a fairly old tenancy, you'll be using Form 6a anyway.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by hazedunks View Post
            As it is a section 21 it should be two clear periodic tenancy months so if we count 2 months from 21st July that will be 21st August and then 3 months from there so 21st November is that correct.
            The notice period does not have to end on the last day of a tenancy period.

You just have to give at least 3 months notice (atm), so add on a few days for delivery making it around 5th October.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X