Visit prospective tenant current home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit prospective tenant current home?

Is it a good idea to ask a prospective tenant for their current address and arrange a short notice visit?

I guess they will clean up before I arrive and be very welcoming. But I think by seeing how they currently live and if there is any smell of smoke or animals it would give me a better idea about how they will treat my property.

Anybody else done that before? any tips on what to look out for or questions I should ask? Thanks

I know of landlords that will not let to someone who does not agree to a meeting in their current property.

As you say, it is an opportunity to see how they look after the place, and also to see if they smoke inside and how they care for their pets.

Comment

I don't, but I do drive past and see if the garden is tidy, windows clean etc and if nobody's in I look in through the window. And, oh dear! I've seen some messy houses

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingman View Post
        Is it a good idea to ask a prospective tenant for their current address and arrange a short notice visit?

I guess they will clean up before I arrive and be very welcoming. But I think by seeing how they currently live and if there is any smell of smoke or animals it would give me a better idea about how they will treat my property.

Anybody else done that before? any tips on what to look out for or questions I should ask? Thanks
        Happened by chance in January when prospective said she had lived round the corner for 12 years so I asked to look and we strolled round with no warning and place was clean and tidy so basically said yes on the spot.
        In London I'd be looking for beds in sheds, grows in attic, washing machines in garden and general signs of delinquancy !!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X