6 months AST and thereafter monthly contractual periodic tenanct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the landlord's notice doesn't (and can't) end a residential tenancy, so the uncertainty is either already there or non-existent, depending on how you see it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The term will apply if and when the tenancy is no longer assured.
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

The landlord can't end a tenancy? Not even after it transfers to the contractual periodic? Do I just wait till they've had enough of it lol

Comment

"An assured tenancy cannot be brought to an end by the landlord except by—

(a) obtaining—

(i) an order of the court for possession of the dwelling-house under section 7 or 21, and

(ii) the execution of the order,

............."
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
            But the landlord's notice doesn't (and can't) end a residential tenancy, so the uncertainty is either already there or non-existent, depending on how you see it.
            Statutory intervention is ignored when assessing if there is the neccessary certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by zv2k View Post
              The landlord can't end a tenancy?
              What jpk means is that a landlord's notice to quit cannot end an assured tenancy.

Comment

Ah ok. They're paying me up front for the AST part, so that should be fine. This landlord stuff is a full on job. Think I'd rather be a tenant lol.

Thanks all, hope you enjoying the weather!

Comment

They're paying me up front for the AST part,
                  What do you mean "the AST part"

Comment

For the first 6 months of the contract which are an AST

Comment

For the first 6 months of the contract which are an AST
                      All of the periods of the agreement are going to be ASTs.
                      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Even when it becomes contractual monthly after the first 6 months?

Comment

Even when it becomes contractual monthly after the first 6 months?
                          Yes, if it's a contractual periodic tenancy, it's the same tenancy.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                            All of the periods of the agreement are going to be ASTs.
                            The whole of the tenancy is one AST.

Comment

So if it's contractual periodic, I can never evict them? Not even after the 4month break Clause?

Comment

Should I put in like a maximum term to the contractual period?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X