Evictions are now banned until the end of August.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boletus
    replied
    Originally posted by JK0 View Post

Just realised there wasn't a comma between rottweiler & local.
    Fair point;
    Apologies to any Rottweilers Reading!

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by boletus View Post

Really sorry to hear that. The legal system is pathetically inadequate for landlords with ASB tenants.

In the spirit of suggesting just something or anything;

A nasty rottweiler local solicitor, injunction, a private security firm.
    Just realised there wasn't a comma between rottweiler & local.

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Originally posted by divadee View Post

We are in this situation.
    Really sorry to hear that. The legal system is pathetically inadequate for landlords with ASB tenants.

In the spirit of suggesting just something or anything;

A very nasty rottweiler local solicitor, court injunction, a private security firm.

Leave a comment:

• divadee
    replied
    Really can't understand the rationale for staying the section 8 anti social behaviour grounds.
    I'm thinking now more about social landlords and the poor sods in those communities suffering from ASB right now.
    I hope the cheerleaders of this kind of thing have to live next door to it one day.
    We are in this situation. We are the freeholders and live on site and one of the flats has been let to absolute scum. The landlord claims they are issuing s21 but their letting agents are filling their head full of nonsense saying the new law says we cannot issue s21 if it will cause the tenant distress and as she is a student that the new law protects any eviction of students.

We are now taking legal action against the long leaseholder for them breaching the terms of the long lease, obviously this will take months but we have no option as this one tenant is causing everyone else hell. Anti social behaviour day and night and the police, council, landlord do nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied

The more checking, questioning, digging, unfairly rejecting, non-break-giving, selective, I become,

The less unlucky scummy tenant encounters I get!
    Ditto.....

Leave a comment:

• Propertygoesup
    replied
    I've wanted out of the game for nearly a year , finally serving s21 in November , now this and potentially a year with no rent. Can't believe how one sided this business is.

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post

A landlord who encounters a scummy tenant is unlucky.
    The more checking, questioning, digging, unfairly rejecting, non-break-giving, selective, I become,

The less unlucky scummy tenant encounters I get!

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    There are clearly people who are scum.

Some of those people will be tenants.
    Some will be landlords.
    Some will be policemen.
    Etc.

There are fewer landlords than tenants, so with an equal distribution of scummy people, there will be more scummy tenants than scummy landlords.
    There is nothing I can see that makes it more likely that a tenant will be scummy, or that a scummy person would tend to be a tenant.

A landlord who encounters a scummy tenant is unlucky, in the same way as a motorist whose car is hit by an uninsured motorist or someone whose house is broken into is unlucky.

Landlords believing that all tenants are scum tends to create a self-fulfilling cycle.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Originally posted by mmmartin View Post

Scum tenants? Perhaps you are in the wrong job.
    To be fair to this comment i have been in a landlords property after a tenant was arrested (other issues), and he had trashed it to the degree that the kitchen and bathroom had been destroyed (about to be evicted), the carpets were covered in faeces\urine, huge arrears of course, lots of previous ASB, and to top it off a previous/old grow in the loft (the cleanest part of the house). The landlord was crying in front of me, so yes i would say some tenants are exactly as described, it's just by good luck or gut feelings/good checks that we all do not have this problem.

Leave a comment:

• rugbyroom
    replied
    I have an HMO with some elderly 70+ tenants who are being forced to live with drug dealing SCUM, who have trashed my property and feel its funny to crap in the washing machine etc and not paid rent since 19th December 2019.

My possession hearing was cancelled on the 24th March for a hearing on the 25th March as the Government announced no possessions on or after the 26th March, but told the Courts can cancel hearing at any time.

I can't protect 8 tenants in a house when 2 are carrying out criminal activity and the Police and local council are advising me not to visit property.

I've written to the Court twice to try and get a hearing or details as to when any can take place, (but no reply over a month ago) but this is a FUC*ing insult to the good tenants that I have that are all living in a Shi* hole as I can't do anything as when I last visited the property the DRUG scum threatened me, telling me to watch my back as I could be stabbed - but no Police attendance.

I've tried UC47 to get payments direct to me, but surprise surprise no response from UC or anyone from that department.

These SCUM are dealing drugs, shaking hands with anyone in the area then coming back with zero respect of social distances or the other tenants, whom are all worried about the situation.

Maybe Boris should spend a night living in what once was a nice HMO, but now is a potential Covid-19 Hotspot. He could even join in the BBQ's these scum have when setting light to my furniture in the front garden.

The Judges and Courts should have the power to be able to use their own Judgement when situations like this arise.

SO FUC*ed OFF

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Yes - they're completely separate.
    You can only escalate on of them to court at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Perce
    replied
    Is it possible to submit both S21 and S8 ? In case something goes wrong with S21.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If a tenant doesn't avail themselves of the support systems the government put in place (or did, but still didn't pay rent) I don't think any process is going to help them.

Leave a comment:

• Perce
    replied
    Jenrick "We are also working with the judiciary on proposals to ensure that when evictions proceedings do recommence, arrangements, including rules, are in place to assist the court in giving appropriate protections for those who have been particularly affected by coronavirus – including those tenants who have been shielding."

What protection if somebody was shielding ? They won’t be ever evicted ? And not pay rent ! My tenant has already declared he was shielding due to his health issues.

Leave a comment:

• MdeB
    replied
    Originally posted by LandlordJ View Post

As for our LL votes, what are we going to do but vote Tory or sit it out?
    I don't vote on a single issue.
    That is what got Trump elected.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X