Evictions are now banned until the end of August.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evictions are now banned until the end of August.

Hearings will also continue to be suspended for the same period.

It's an extension of 8 weeks for evictions.
    Last edited by jpkeates; 05-06-2020, 16:48 PM. Reason: Something I predicted would happen happened while I was posting.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Yeah just seen it. Thanks for heads up. August 23rd. Another 2 months of a free ride for those taking advantage of the situation!! (I have 2)

Comment

I think it's ok for those T's who intend to repay any rent arrears and have open communication with their LL's, but those who are short sighted they may think they are getting a free ride currently (as they don't intend to repay anything) but when they are eventually evicted and have a CCJ against them they will have limited their choices on properties available to them. They would either be restricted to being on the council's waiting list or moving far away from friends or family, alternatively rent from the minority of rogue landlords who will treat them as they feel fit.

Comment

Who is protecting landlords ??

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen20 View Post
          Who is protecting landlords ??
          There is no one, only more and more compliance.

Comment

Nobody protects the landlords. Just one or two voices on internet. We have to keep our fingers crossed for the ban not to be extended again. The problems won’t go away they are just pushed to August. The same organisations will be putting pressure on the government again in August.

Comment

It’s farcical ! Why not protect tenants by ensuring payments on UC or Furlough are made direct to Landlords where applicable . Scandalous that landlords are being asked to take up the debt while scum tenants freeload for months on end

Comment

The government wants to devolve any responsibility of a T, if it was me I would introduce a mandatory insurance which the T needs to pay for, this would then eliminate the need to have any deposit (which now is a joke), and valid for the duration of the tenancy, all that is required is that they are vetted. Would seem a sensible policy for all, and would then allow landlords to take on DSS T's reducing the strain on councils, it could go further and make it mandatory that the LL provides all the compliance certificates to the insurance company as well.

Comment

Sorry to be mercenary but I reckon that will equate to about another 5% on my new rents.

Comment

Really can't understand the rationale for staying the section 8 anti social behaviour grounds.
                    I'm thinking now more about social landlords and the poor sods in those communities suffering from ASB right now.
                    I hope the cheerleaders of this kind of thing have to live next door to it one day.

Comment

It's ridiculous!

I've got two stuck in the system atm.

What's the point extending and not arranging some kind of support package for landlords or tenants to cover the arrears?

The debt will only increase

Comment

I'm thinking now more about social landlords and the poor sods in those communities suffering from ASB
                        That is the problem with the system. Poeple may be trapped with noisy neighbours and disturbances late at night but have no way to escape from it. Council are working from home.

Comment

I have had non-payers and have always got away with it. Largely down to sloppy agents and landlords who don't check.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen20 View Post
                            It’s farcical ! Why not protect tenants by ensuring payments on UC or Furlough are made direct to Landlords where applicable . Scandalous that landlords are being asked to take up the debt while scum tenants freeload for months on end
                            Do you have freeloading tenants, personally affecting your business?
                            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Restarting the possession legal system might have to be gradual.
                              I would suggest that people with arrears and problem tenants serve notices under s8 rather than rely on s21, as I can imagine that priority might be given to fault based cases.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X