Agent games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 bathrooms in a 2 bed is a new one on me (but I can see the appeal personally).

Wait another week and try £975?
    I don't know what the rental market's like at the moment.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I went to have a look at a new block of flats on Boscombe seafront last year. Just out of nosyness really since the average price was around £900k each. One of the 3 bed flats had two en-suite bathrooms for the larger of the 2 bedrooms and no other bathroom for the third bedroom to use! And you had to go through the kitchen to get to the third bedroom, and this was a luxury architect designed development!

Comment

Buddy with all due .....you are using an agent .....

You will never get the true full picture compared to if you do it yourself. Granted it might be a bit more pain BUT for example you can know the demand by the amount of enquiries you get and of course choose tenants to YOUR liking not theres.

It's well worth self managing where you can too many upsides.

Comment

Originally posted by blinko View Post
          Buddy with all due .....you are using an agent .....

You will never get the true full picture compared to if you do it yourself. Granted it might be a bit more pain BUT for example you can know the demand by the amount of enquiries you get and of course choose tenants to YOUR liking not theres.

It's well worth self managing where you can too many upsides.
          Thanks. All true, and where I can get a tenant through recommendation, I do. That route seems to be blocked at the moment.

Any time I have tried to advertise & show properties myself, I never get anyone. I suspect it's that people would rather rent from a dolly bird, than some Shylock looking old bloke.

Comment

There's a comfort in an organisation that has actual premises with staff for prospective tenants.
            That someone has stayed in business for a while is an implicit indicator that they're competent.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
              There's a comfort in an organisation that has actual premises with staff for prospective tenants.
              That someone has stayed in business for a while is an implicit indicator that they're competent.
              I agree i do think people prefer agents especially now the fees have be banned . They used to be daylight robbery unreal how they could get away with it.

If you put it on through open rent and price it say 5% below market you should be inundated z then filter through and hold open days .

On the other hand people also prefer to deal with the landlord directly , nothing worse than an agent who is simply a higger for a crap landlord

Comment

You can't hold open days at the moment, because of social distancing.

Comment

Is it time for a change of agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
                    Is it time for a change of agent?
                    Someone just suggested that to me on the phone. Problem is that I have to give them notice, during which time I doubt they would bother at all.

Comment

Good news!

Someone has today offered the £1000 pcm and moves in 1st July. Thanks to all who contributed.

Comment

Congratulations!

This often happens to me. After a week or so with little interest I get anxious that the advertised rent is too high and just as I'm about to reduce it, (sometimes sadly just after), I get a full price offer. I knew the rent was right from the start, but I'm not so good at holding my nerve.

Comment

Guys I dont know about you but I go for quality of tenant over rental amount . A good quality tenant who will fix things and co operate with you is worth much more than a tenant paying say 60 extra a month who will make your life hell .

In fact. Maybe theres a question for everyone. How much rent cut would you take to have a good tenant or extra and suffer a bad tenant (assuming they pay full rent always and dont default )

Comment

Polish tenants seem to be quite resourceful at fixing stuff. For them, I would take maybe £50 less. Others, I would not trust to tell me what day it is.

Comment

Originally posted by blinko View Post
                              Guys I dont know about you but I go for quality of tenant over rental amount . A good quality tenant who will fix things and co operate with you is worth much more than a tenant paying say 60 extra a month who will make your life hell .

In fact. Maybe theres a question for everyone. How much rent cut would you take to have a good tenant or extra and suffer a bad tenant (assuming they pay full rent always and dont default )
                              Personally I wouldn’t take a rent cut to start with, I would take on what I thought was a decent tenant from the start and if they turned out to be decent then I would not increase the rent to “current market value” every year. Last tenants I had for 7 years, they weren’t 100% perfect tenants but they paid the correct rent at the beginning of every month without fail, kept the place tidy and always allowed access for repairs maintenance etc and in return I never once increased the rent.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                                Maybe a false comfort.

Look at this story ....
                                https://www.landlordzone.co.uk/infor...ant-by-agency/
                                They were in the business for over 15 years before being kicked out of the TPO for inadequate referencing.

The same people are running a new agency in the same building but with a different name over the door. Hopefully their referencing is now less inadequate.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X