S21 notice now or wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 notice now or wait

My tenant is on rolling contract. Since 18/04 he has not paid the rent only paid a quarter of the owed rent recently. I am ready to serve him s21. But I am also worried he won't pay anything because of the notice.

I would not wait

Comment

Originally posted by Perce View Post
      I would not wait
      Some people might say you start getting something better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Uklondoner View Post

Some people might say you start getting something better than nothing.
        Obviously some people are going to say one thing and some people are going to say another thing. Only you know your own financial position and how much you do or don’t want or need to keep this tenant, my property has been empty for months because I don’t want the hassle of a non paying tenant and I can comfortably cover the mortgage payments myself so that’s what I’m doing.

Comment

Have you talked to him about the situation?

Before serving notice, I would try talking to understand his view point and to explain that the rent s due and the consequences of not paying.before serving notice.

If he won't talk, then I would serve S8 notice now and after each rent-due day, and a S21 notice now.

If he will talk then explain that you will be issuing S21 notice to protect yourself, and you will make a money claim for outstanding rent if he does not agree to and comply with a payment plan that is reasonable for his circumstances. And explain the consequences of an unpaid money claim.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X