Selling when Tenant has Option to Renew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    That's what the solicitor will advise you on.
    Just what I would have said. Your solicitor will need to consider the position in law, which he will be able to do as he has access to up-to-date information which I do not, and then, having regard to the law, consider how it applies in your case.

Comment

I had a tenant with the option to purchase and I had a buyer. I was informed by our solicitor that we could ask the tenant how much they wanted to pay and then not accept it and take the offer from the person who was a developer. Which is what happened. In my case the tenant was reluctant to use a solicitor so the premises were sold and she remains the tenant of the new owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Always Problems View Post
        I had a tenant with the option to purchase and I had a buyer. I was informed by our solicitor that we could ask the tenant how much they wanted to pay and then not accept it and take the offer from the person who was a developer. Which is what happened. In my case the tenant was reluctant to use a solicitor so the premises were sold and she remains the tenant of the new owner.
        That sounds a bit odd for an option. Are you sure it was not a right of first refusal?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X