Calculating correct date to serve NTQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It only emphasising on "signed written notice". Does that mean it should be in writing and if so then if you send this letter by post while emailing the same then what date will be considered either the one when it was posted or when it will be received to letting agent/landlord?

Comment

You can't guarantee when an email will be received by the agent, unless they respond to it.
      If you post something first class, it's assumed to have been delivered two business day's later (and you can get proof of despatch).

email is writing and you sign an email by putting your name at the bottom.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post

email is writing and you sign an email by putting your name at the bottom.
        Yes you are right to use email and add signature into it because it will indeed become a signed written notice. I think email is better & faster & acceptable because tenancy agreement was also received & signed electronically.

Comment

Originally posted by Self sufficient View Post
          I think safer to serve the NTQ before the midday (12:00 pm) of 1st of the intended month of moving out so that the tenancy gets ended on the last day of month.
          You, like many tenants, seem to be obsessed with serving exactly one month's notice.
          That is not required and is a very bad idea (except in an emergency).

You are requires to give at least one month's notice, not exactly one month, ending on the last day of a tenancy period (or the first day of the next period; common law says this is acceptable).

Therefore serve notice as soon as you reasonably can:
          • It avoids the possibility of it arriving too late to be valid.
          • It gives the landlord (and your co-tenant) more time to decide hat they are going to do.

Comment

Besides this how about where you have been trickily compelled by the letting agent to sign the inventory check in report (paper version) with very tiny pictures on it making impossible to see the conditions of items. Was that a good/safer strategy that the tenant used wrong signatures because letting agent wasn't releasing the keys without signing whilst your removal van was On its way. Later on same day the tenant taken the pictures of every single item and the corner of the whole home with date & time and email these to letting agent's official email address without even one day being passed. A suggestion was also given to letting agent to store these pictures with them and update the inventory report who never responded although received.

Will these pictures be helpful in case where in future letting agent try to dispute.

Comment

used wrong signatures
              Unless someone has a gun to your head or something, just no.
              I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Tiny pictures on the inventory will work in your favour as the agent wont be able to prove the condition.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
                  Tiny pictures on the inventory will work in your favour as the agent wont be able to prove the condition.
                  But how about if later they attach bigger pictures on the top of signed page.

Comment

As yet an email does not have the protection of the Interpretation Ac,t like a First Class letter.

Comment

But how about if later they attach bigger pictures on the top of signed page.
                      That would be fraud and you could produce your copy as evidence

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post

That would be fraud and you could produce your copy as evidence
                        No copy or even response was provided post moving. All I have the date & stamped pictures and they have those tiny pictures which I am afraid they might not replace with bigger ones with conditions when these were new.

Comment

No copy or even response was provided post moving. All I have the date & stamped pictures and they have those tiny pictures which I am afraid they might not replace with bigger ones with conditions when these were new.
                          If and when they try anything, dispute the tenancy deductions and put what happened as part of your evidence.

Comment

Can not providing of inventory check in report enable the tenant to claim 3├Ś deposit or rent reimbursement or invalidate S21 notice?

Comment

Err...... no.
                              I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Hello experts,

Can a tenant leave the property until the last day of his fixed tenancy agreement (before it disguise into statutory periodic) with few days notice even the tenancy agreement explicitly says to serve 1 month of notice in contrast to shelter guideline as no notice is required in case of leaving on/until the last day of fixed tenancy.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X