Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting out house, but not using an agent

Hi all,

Ive got a property that Ive been letting out for 2 years. Ive always used a Letting Agent before, but this time Im not.

I just want to make sure Im doing everything 'above board'. Can you tell me if Ive missed anything from my list below?

1) Download "Model Agreement for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy" from the www.gov.uk website

2) Speak to my Buildings insurance company. (Im not sure if they will require anything different from me seeing as Im not getting the tenant from an agency? But I will contact them to make sure)

3) I already have a DPS account, so Ill use that.

4) Take photos and produce a Condition Report

What have I missed?

Thanks

Originally posted by jtufty View Post
    What have I missed?
    The link below is a guide for new landlords, check that you've covered everything on it.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...mment_67759929

Comment

You might need to adjust your TA to include anything in your deeds such as not removing BT instalments (that's in one of mine), shared access over paths eg between houses etc. And, pets - will you allow them? Is there an extra charge for them? Smoking? Gardening (one T having accepted the property complained about it being unreasonable that they should trim the hedge)?

Comment

Do some training. Its not just about the list of initial tasks.

Comment

Read and understand the model agreement, then modify it to suit your circumstances.
          There are things in there that I would not voluntarily have in a letting agreement.

Comment

Don't edit a legal document if you don't know what you're doing.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X