Flat has rot/damage to windows/walls/etc.- tenant seeks advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having a Rant

Ok, here goes, I am STILL waiting! The quotes were taken and sent to the relevant people. Returned from a nice week away and waitied for news. Emailed EHO on 16th November and they were calling ladnlord, they gave them another 10 days to sort something. That date has been and gone, so I called EHO today to be told he is giving them an informal notice of action. WTF!!! Informal the place is freezing I open my curtains to a torent of water on my windows aka condensation I gingerly open the now mouldy small window just in case it has rotted through and is no longer safe... and the EHO is giving INFORMAL notice.

We manage a property in Doncaster, the window in the bathroom is nowhere near as severe as this and the landlord has recieved a notice to get it done in 30 days or else, no warning nothing just wham! Why is it Bristol in a much more serious case have done nothing. I pay my rent without fail each month, it even hits their account early , this tenant in Doncaster owes just under the 8 weeks needed to evict.. yes she is playing a game! She was told in Februaury you pay your monthly Top ups and a small amount of your arrears for 3 months and your landlord will replace ALL of your windows... she failed so now we are doing what is legally required and no more..!

Sorry rant over, am sat here very upset I now have heaters in my flat but there has been a cock up here and they cannot be used until next week so I am going to go home to my ice box and wrap myself up into my sleeping bag............
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X