What are my options for tenant not being able to pay due to COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are my options for tenant not being able to pay due to COVID-19

I have a tenant who owns his own company and it is run through and office and he informed me a few weeks ago that due to COVID-19 he has had to close his office and will not be able to pay rent for 1/2 months. I replied to state that I understand his situation and that could he pay half rent as I have mortgage payments still to make. Subsequently my mortgage provider has given me a 3 month break. The tenant replied and said that he cannot pay anything. Rent was due around the 20th of last month and is no in arrears.

What are my options?

Serve notice, but dont expect to recover the property any time soon.

Comment

Has he given an indication on how he is going to make up the missing 2 months arrears and has he stated that he will be able to pay the full rent on ?????? date ...... if he owns a Ltd company then he will get next to nothing as a director as most directors pay themselves a low monthly salary with the bulk of their income coming from dividends, its more tax efficient apparently. The govt help looks at salaries not on the dividends. How does he know for sure that he will be opening in 1/2 months, lets face it the govt do not seem to know what the next few weeks will bring so how can he be so sure. Giving notice may be the sensible thing to do but only after he has given you some more information, without that it will be difficult to make a balanced decision.

Comment

Is T listed as an individual or the Co?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X