Who pays for painting fence? Landlord or tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who pays for painting fence? Landlord or tenant?

Hi we rent our flat and neighbour below put up a new fence and paintef his side and wants money from us as tenants to paint our side of fence. Landlord wasnt interested, so should we as tenants pay for our side of fence to be painted? Thanks all in advance.

I'd tell the neighbour that you're just renting and to speak to the person who actually owns the property.
    If they're not interested, your side of the fence doesn't get painted.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks, told neighbour and he said the fence will be ruined by rain if its not painted on our side that he put up. Neighbour just put up a new fence in garden out the blue, no idea if he spoke to landlord about it. Doubt it.

Comment

If he has erected fence then he has taken responsibility for maintenance, but assuming you are locked down why not offer to paint it if he buys the paint ?

Comment

ppfffttt this one is a bit bizaree you are under no obligation to paint it unless you agreed to do so. But also the landlord may havea say but i expect him to not want to know. Really and truly this is the problem of the person who errected the fence, they need to paint it you are under no obligation to do so

Comment

Its your neighbours fence so they paint it! Either they slide the panels out if possible and they paint it or allow them to come round to your side and paint it as long as they do not not damage any plants which of course belong to you! A ridiculous suggestion from the neigbour!!

Comment

Is it a 'party' fence?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X