Can I rent a room in my house for the company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I rent a room in my house for the company?

My friend asked for the favorite to rent a room for his company. Would it go under rent a room scheme or being a business it will classed as something ing else? And is it legally possible to do it? I don’t want to get in trouble but I want to help out my friend.

Why would a company want to rent a room in a residential property and what do they plan to do there?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

They don’t want to rent it physically but only on paper so they can have address to open bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by Agne View Post
        They don’t want to rent it physically but only on paper so they can have address to open bank account.
        Run a mile, quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Agne View Post
          So they want to commit a fraud and for you to be an accomplice?

I'm not sure that's actually a question about property letting but, yes, you could definitely get in trouble.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Tell them to rent a service address, plenty of sites out there. Just google service address or even company service address.

Or why don't they just use their own address?

Comment

Thanks guys, I will tell them to rent service address.

Comment

They probably can't get a bank account at a service address, because they won't have the necessary supporting documentation which is part of the bank security process.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X