Check-out report does not match inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check-out report does not match inventory

Hello - I am a residential tenant, renting from a private landlord through an estate agent. I recently ended the tenancy and moved out. The estate agent sent me the check-out report, but every entry under 'previous state' (i.e. describing the condition of items when I moved in) doesn't match the original inventory AT ALL.

For instance - In the check-out report, under fridge, it says 'Previous state - "The fridge is clean throughout, the door functions well and the seal shows no sign of mold or wear. No damage to drawers or shelves."

But in the original inventory, under fridge, it just says: "Fridge. White."

Almost comical! I have no clue where the estate agent / landlord is getting their 'previous state' comments from, and can only assume they are made up.

What are my options here? Should I complain to an industry body, or go to the deposit ombudsman? Is there any way this could be an honest mistake? Is this fraud?

Many thanks

Are they trying to charge you anything from your deposit?

Comment

Return it saying not accurate, please see check in inventory

Comment

What is inaccutate?.
        Just the move-out Inv should be comparable to precedingmove in Inv.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
          What is inaccutate?.
          The check out report

Comment

Do you have a copy of the original check in inventory?

If so that is your defence. Share it with the landlord/agency and tell them they need to double check their records as there has been a mix-up.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X