Rent reduction due to Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent reduction due to Corona Virus

I have a tenant who is renting a property and he and his room mate have requested a rent reduction as they cannot work during this period due to Corona virus. The tenants are from the EU and have been renting for around a year, I am unsure if they receive 80% of their salary as part of the UK government scheme. This property is a small flat, what rent reduction would be considered reasonable as I don't believe they would have a lot money saved?

Thanks in advanced.

People don't receive 80% of their salary from the government, their employers do and pay the employees from the government funding.
    Not all employers are doing this.
    So you'd probably best ask the tenants what their situation is.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Say you will offer a reduction as a deferral (not a permanent reduction) of the same percentage as that offered by the average of they gas/electricity/water/broadband suppliers - if they could send you evidence of those percentages you will be happy to match the reduction.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X