Ideas for keeping scared tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for keeping scared tenants

I've had two tenants give notice since the lockdown. One say they are buying somewhere of their own. In view of conveyancing shutdown, I have suggested they stay on until they can complete.

Another emailed today. She is a Saudi student who wants to go home, and wondered if I want to buy(!) her furniture.

I suggested she might want to keep the tenancy on if she is returning later in the year, and she is welcome to leave her furniture there for 50% of the usual rent. She has not snapped my hand off, unfortunately.

Any of you guys got interesting tactics?

Not so far, but I think it's early days.
    No notice so far - one self employed can't pay rent (100% genuine) and one can I have a dog.

Basically normal...
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Nothing for me yet as i have single dwellings but my good friend has HMOs and he has had a number of his tenants give notice as they share the usual kitchen and bathroom side of things and they don't want too. Strange times indeed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X