Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    The model tenancy agreement that the government publishes includes a good pre-tenancy checklist even if you aren't using the agreement itself.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    Originally posted by ash72 View Post
    Before you give the T the How to rent guide", read it yourself that way you can try and avoid having a situation where by if you need to obtain your property back you can do. The guide is good for both T and LL's.
    Or even better read the "how to let" guide intended for landlords.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-let

Leave a comment:

• cymro123
    replied
    Oh dear where to start but joining the NRLA or GRL would help otherwise I can smell burning fingers!

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    All of that content has gone as it was out of date and no longer maintained.

Which is a shame.
    Aye, G_M got banned, weird, he really really was helpful...

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    See this, particularly the two for new landlords:
    All of that content has gone as it was out of date and no longer maintained.

Which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

• alice123
    replied
    Have you taken a deposit and protected it ? You need to give the tenant the correct paperwork for this / how to get the deposit back / make sure they understand it all / the certificate / ect ect ect and protect it within the specified timeline this is SO important !!! Receipts and so on and so forth , signed with a witness as well -

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    Before you give the T the How to rent guide", read it yourself that way you can try and avoid having a situation where by if you need to obtain your property back you can do. The guide is good for both T and LL's.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Ever done any training in how to be a landlord?

There is no legal (for England) requirement to give tenant a copy of tenancy agreement, indeed it doesn't even need to be on paper.

Your question should perhaps be what SHOULD I give tenant & how should I ensure proof of service for each and every one of them.

Join NRLA if not already a meber, do their training stuff!

See this, particularly the two for new landlords:

Leave a comment:

• Uklondoner
    started a topic What docs need to give the new tenant?

What docs need to give the new tenant?

What documents need to give the tenants before they move in ? I read from there I need to give Gas certificate, energy performance certificate and Government how to rent guide? Correct? Thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X