Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager
    replied
    Without knowing your area but usually in busy areas the demand for car parking is very high and the available space usually scarcely available. So you can even sublet your car space to someone which shouldn't be illegal.

Leave a comment:

• BTL investor
    replied
    I am not aware of any law preventing you from asking the question to your landlord but your landlord will probably think you’re a bit of a twit!

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    I wont be using my flat / house for a few months, please reduce the rent. ! ! !

The car space is for you, and no one else at present You either want it, or you don't. You can't keep changing your mind, as the space may be let to another.

Leave a comment:

• Stew
    replied
    Not sure how this was agreed with your landlord and that may impact it,

If I was you I would ask myself, when I buy another car as you mentioned you would do, what is the impact of not having a space, does the landlord have other spaces free if someone else took yours? not sure on location or availability of parking but the answer to that would probably depend on what I did with it. I realise it probably niggles you paying for a space and not using it but try and smile thinking about the saving you are making while not running a car...

All the best Stew.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    If its an informal agreement then he may well say yes but if it is part of your AST then maybe not, but as said a quick ask can not hurt.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    You can always ask.
    The landlord can always decline...

Leave a comment:

• Wadey78p
    started a topic Car parking space

Car parking space

I pay £50 a month for a car parking space. As I’m working from home I have sold my car so will not use the space for a few months cis of this virus. Can I ask my landlord to freeze this payment so I am only paying £425 instead of £475

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X