COVID-19 "Nice" letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-19 "Nice" letter

I have 3 groups of tenants who are due to pay rent in the next fortnight.They work in the gig economy/self employed. I've had payment problems with them in the past but arrears have been cleared within a week where they've accumulated.

Being an old sceptic (or perhaps realist), I suspect none will pay and they'll bury their heads in the sand.

Just wondering, if I sent them all an "understanding letter" whether they may speak to me voluntarily beforehand or whether I wait until rent day and chase.

You sound pretty convinced about this.

There are many ways to go, but I think I would look at how I could help them and offer that - by being pro-active, hopefully you will come across as approachable/supportive.

One thought, Offer them 20% deferral for 3 months and offer weekly payments.

Keep your eyes open for being taken for granted though.

Comment

I would avoid making a specific offer, but would write to them asking them to discuss any issues with you at the earliest opporunity to explore options.

Comment

Keep schtum IIWY. Any sign of weakness in a landlord is taken advantage of.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Think I'll just wait for now. Regardless of the virus, I'd always be willing to help those in need. Sadly, experience has show that most will just take advantage.

Comment

They may well have found other employment. So you don't know. It is a good sign, they have paid your arrears.

Comment

Lol “keep schtum” this is the style I adopted! It’s for them to raise concerns and then you try help resolve.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X