Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thousands landlords offering free home to NHS workers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52134369

Guys, if you want to help the NHS, give money to your local hospital every month like I do via link below. Don't give property for free, as it de-values every other property on the market, including others that you let out.
    Fundraise or donate with JustGiving, the worlds leading online fundraising platform, helping charities to make more with GiftAid

Comment

Another way of headlining this story could’ve been:-
      Woman unable to let property out through Airbnb due to covid 19 outbreak allows nhs worker to move in and cover the utility bills and council tax that she would have otherwise had to pay herself as nobody else wants to short term let it from her at the moment.

Not long ago Airbnb was quite rightly being blamed for the rise in rental prices and house prices now the landlords of these properties are being portrayed in a good light for letting nhs workers move in for ‘free’.

Comment

One of the silver linings of this corvid 19 cloud is the hope that it will put companies like AirBnB out of business.
        It started making a loss last year and was planning to launch itself into the stock market this year - and no has no business pretty much worldwide.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

This country seems unable to relate to the NHS in anything other than extremes. We are either lauding the institution and wanting to beatify its staff or demonising them for the actions of those doctors and nurses that have failed their patients.

NHS staff are amongst the few that can be certain of getting their full salary during this crisis and can therefore afford their rent.

Comment

I think the issue is staff who need to live somewhere other than where they normally do because they are a danger to the people they normally live with or can't travel safely to and from work.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Ok fine. But some landords jumping on this bandwagon are going to get into difficulty. They are probably not checking the terms of their mortgage or insurance to see whether they can allow rent free accommodation. Some will suggest the occupant pays the bills and council tax and will muddy the waters with regard to whether that's really rent and they have an undocumented tenancy. And what will they do if the occupant causes damage? I think we may be seeing the results of some of this altruism on the forum in the coming months.

Comment

Me too.

These arrangements aren't properly managed (or regulated) in normal times, so making the arrangements even less formal can't be a good idea.
                I mean the idea sounds good, but the devil's in the detail.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to New Covid rules
                  by Hudson01
                  As said above, try to talk to him but it appears he has already started to pull up the drawbridge !!! Be prepared for no rent once you tell him you are selling and if this idiot govt extend the ban again then bank on a least a year to get the property back (without rent).
                  19-04-2021, 05:58 AM
                • New Covid rules
                  by Carpman
                  Hiya. Can anyone give me any advice please? We have a rental property on a shorthold tenancy. Tenant has always been regular as clockwork with the rent - funded by a forces pension he receives. I would say that he is not a very stable personality either. We didn't get the rent in April. My husband...
                  18-04-2021, 11:02 AM
                • Reply to Tenant grandsons urinating in our shared back yard.
                  by Hudson01
                  Do this...... they sound awful and the exact type of people to take advantage of their elderly grandmother thus '' doing what they like '', its a common problem when young half-wits take advantage of an older relative. Difficult to deal with though, i doubt the Police will be interested, maybe the councils...
                  19-04-2021, 05:53 AM
                • Tenant grandsons urinating in our shared back yard.
                  by Thomas steve
                  Hi
                  2 of my tenants grandson are urinating in our shared yard.
                  she is a sitting tenant that has been there for 40+ years and apart from this she is a good tenant.

I have brought this up with a tenant several times and been assured that she will put a stop to it. But it’s still...
                  18-04-2021, 14:24 PM
                • Reply to Evacuation of Tenant
                  by Hudson01
                  Well as part of my landlords insurance i have alternative accommodation cover......... this will house the tenant should this exact thing happen, do you have such insurance ? Also why would the tenant have insurance for your property to be uninhabitable ? To be honest you are lucky they have served...
                  19-04-2021, 05:49 AM
                • Evacuation of Tenant
                  by berrahri
                  There was a landslide and my Tenant had to be evacuated. They cannot return because access to the property is not safe.
                  They had been reasonably okay Tenants, but as soon as this event occured they have treated me like the enemy! Everything I have advised appears to have been treated with suspicion...
                  19-04-2021, 00:23 AM
                • Reply to DPS dispute resolution service
                  by Chester Perry
                  £900 deposit and the Letting Agent requested the whole deposit as the cleaning and redecorating to fix non wear & tear damage was estimated at approx £4000 and also they stole / took 2 x fridge freezers. Independent inventory on moving in and moving out backed all this yet the TDS awarded £700!...
                  18-04-2021, 21:14 PM
                • DPS dispute resolution service
                  by Thomasdiets123
                  What's everyone's experiences with the DPS dispute service. Did you get what you claimed? Did you have good evidence to back it up?
                  Thank you....
                  12-04-2021, 16:37 PM
                • Reply to Rent arrears
                  by Bixwier
                  Have any evictions ever gone ahead since cv19?

how long is the backlog now? Are bailiffs actually working?

what happens if tenants say they have symptoms and are shielding?
                  18-04-2021, 18:09 PM
                • Rent arrears
                  by MP31
                  Hi

So I have a tenant who has build up large rent arrears and I have gone through the process with the solicitor of S8 for rent arrears and I have a court date In April. The tenant left the house last Monday and informed me they had left.
                  To me it seems unlikely I will ever get...
                  21-02-2021, 07:43 AM
                Working...
                X