Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boletus
    replied
    I don't think that is the same advert I saw.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Thanks for that.

Clearly the person being referred to in the advert isn't the doctor who was evicted because the gender is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback1966
    replied
    For those who have n't seen the advert:

https://twitter.com/Shelter/status/1...748321794?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Flashback1966
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Come on people, many might say let's not have landlords behaving as flakes! Smile, stay calm, carry on normally.
    In my opinion, Shelter want to kill landlords. Imagine, if a landlord happens to be unlucky, ends up in hospital. The NHS doctor decides who gets that last ventilator.

Why not focus on the landlord, who send the text to the tenant not to stress about the rent.

People should complain the Charity Commission, because Shelter don't behave like a charity. Complain to the Advertising Standards Agency and the Government and all their various sponsors.

Leave a comment:

• cymro123
    replied
    Shelter is supposed to be a charity that campaigns to end homelessness which is a just cause I am happy to support but I am not sure landlord bashing is really tackling the root cause of homelessness in UK which is a shame. Their headline grabbing stories rarely tell the full story and do nothing to tackle homelessness.

Leave a comment:

• Manager
    replied
    Funnily if someone actually need the assistance from shelter then they refer to citizen advice bureau who then refer back to shelter again who only emphasis then to read their theory on their website

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    The problem is in how the advert was portrayed.
    'Real' landlords will be delighted to have NHS tenants right now.

Leave a comment:

• buzzard1994
    replied
    Havent seen the advert - how many people do you think will have seen it?

According to the papers she first gave him 28 days notice but then asked him to leave immediately a few days later despite him trying to assure her he was low risk. So he had to drive 3 hours home that night and then spend time looking for accommodation when he should have been working - all because she was worried about sharing a kitchen and bathroom, both can be cleaned.

However worried you are kicking a doctor out with no notice at all was never going to go down well.

Leave a comment:

• MdeB
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    What shelter advert?
    It seems it was a TV advert.

See https://www.property118.com/shelter-...est-tv-advert/

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Originally posted by ash72 View Post
    I don't know anyone (even in normal situation) who is able to evict someone that quickly.
    It was a lodging arrangement convenient for his place of work. He has a family home elsewhere.
    It's being used to paint landlords as pantomime villains to raise revenue.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    What shelter advert?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Originally posted by ash72 View Post
    ... I don't know anyone (even in normal situation) who is able to evict someone that quickly. ..
    A live in (genuine live-in) Landlord usually can. No court involvement required. See..
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/legal...enancy_licence

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    Shelters portray is appalling, after all their advert is totally fake, I don't know anyone (even in normal situation) who is able to evict someone that quickly. We should all report it to Ofcom.

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    The landlady's action can be considered from different angles, but the recording angel won't be noting it as an act of charity.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Come on people, many might say let's not have landlords behaving as flakes! Smile, stay calm, carry on normally.

There are bigger issues to worry about with the current crisis.

Best wishes to all, stay safe!

Artful: 72

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X