Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpucng62
    replied
    I think it will be even harder for people who are struggling to get on the housing ladder. I think there will be a lot of births & separations meaning people moving up and moving out. There will be LLs who exit the market. These factors will all mean that those of us who are in it for the long term will be continuing to supply a much needed product - homes.

I think rents will initially be stagnant as people struggle to get themselves sorted but then once they start to rise the big rises in LHA will keep them going up.

Overall, short term pain but I believe a positive future for LLs.

Leave a comment:

• dazwalsh
    replied
    I will operate exactly the same as I did before the crisis. This isnt something which comes along once a year or even every 10 years. It's also had an effect on every area of society not just the self employed or the low paid workers etc. This extremely rare type of event shouldn't affect your selection criteria.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    I think there'll be a dip in property prices post event.
    There'll be a lot of dead, grieving and damaged people and lots of businesses and jobs will be gone forever.

Which will keep landlords in the rental business, because it won't be the best time to sell up.

The government will go one of two ways - back to austerity to pay down the debt, or keep spending to stimulate the economy.
    If the latter, it will be a better time to be a landlord.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by jase222 View Post
    I've been reading all the chat on this forum and was thinking about what it's going to be like after, will landlords be more weary of self employed tenants,
    I'm weary already.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    I think its likely that there will be a long term impact on the rental market. My guess would be that a lot more landlords will exit the market either because they're in debt from unapid rent or because this is the final straw. There would therefore be greater demand for the properties that remain and landlords will be even more picky about who they take. The sales market could be flooded with properties after the crisis - former rental homes and the backlog of owner occupied homes. This could depress prices and sadly means that those of us who might have been planning a gradual withdrawal over the next 2 or 3 years may have to go on a bit longer, despite the inevitable increase in regulation.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Hard cash will be king. I think it will also be the case that the rate of rent will be much more tightly linked to estimated risk, much as mortgages are.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Agree totally, i for one will look upon the self employed in a different light which i have not done before, mine are due to be paid off in the next few years and i had intended to simply keep them, but all that has come in recently in regards reg's and now this, i have decided to sell all of them, i am getting too old and life is short.

Leave a comment:

• jase222
    started a topic Aftermath

Aftermath

I've been reading all the chat on this forum and was thinking about what it's going to be like after, will landlords be more weary of self employed tenants, have more uc or pack in all together ? Interesting times and the tenants are going to struggle even more as landlords try to doubley make sure and with tighter regulations on the way. I've been a landlord now for 30years and genuinely have no idea what could happen!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X