Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filthy neighbors

Hello

During current crisis where every enforcement/complaint department is shut so don't know what should be done. Actually I moved into a ground flat couple of months ago and don't know any of my neighbour except can only assesses them through voices and movement. I have got noisy tenants who live upstairs who drink & smoke a lot which I don't care but the only alarming affect I am catching is their persistent habit of throwing down their rubbish especially at least 2 dozens of cigarettes which coincidently lands outside window of my kitchen & living room towards common garden which not only making the common garden heavily filthy but also spreading germs and when we see through our window then about to vomit. So how that can be stopped without approaching that neighbour by myself because clearly if someone is doing that immoral & risky work deliberately then imagine how dangerous that person can be.

You could post them into their letterbox

Comment

In that case it means you are exposing yourself to them who could be posed as dangerous in future by taking it personal because an ordinary normal person can't commit such acts. I want a solution without being exposed.

Comment

There is no solution without you being involved / exposed.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Ask your managing agent / freeholder to take some action, they are undoubtedly breaching the lease. Or if flat is let you might try to contact landlord/letting agent who should be made aware.
          Lord knows what flat looks like internally....

Comment

It is a more general problem of what one does in a society where there is violence, thievery, abuse and
            where the police don't want to do their jobs (only in part due to a shortage of numbers, which are higher than ever)
            and now there are no courts.

The very basis of our civilisation is at threat...

Some will sadly feel (including some landlords I imagine eventually) that violence and other forms of retaliation are the only option open to them.

Comment

I see no real alternative other than to either post a note through their door or knock on and stand back when they open the door (no different to being at the tills at Asda etc), Given their anti social behaviour i doubt you will get much response but at least you have started the ball rolling, when you then contact the management company you can say that contact has been made. They sound a right pain and i doubt this will go away quickly.

Comment

Thanks for replies. The only reason I am serious over this matter is because apart of CVD19 outbreak I might be accused of causing this mess despite I don't smoke. But there is a little obstacle in actually ascertaining as who is the real culprit because upward there are two more flats (1st & 2nd floor) but I can clearly see the ciggarrettes butts parachuting from upstairs.

Comment

On contacting the letting agency they are unable to do anything. Should the Police be informed who have now all those rights in eradicating such abuse boosting virus.

Comment

The letting agent are no being very helpful, is there a management company involved ? I doubt the Police will be overly interested in this given what is happening at present, they must be breaking the conditions of their lease so its the management company who need to get involved with this, what of the landlord ? Is this private or social ?

Comment

Its private. There is no management company other than the letting agent. Around 16 ciggarrette butts per day have been piling up. Can the local council assist but I think physically they must not be operating any action.

Comment

Try this. I've found this can work. Knock on the door and be very polite, almost apologetic, (and while 2m apart) say sorry to bother you mate, just I live below you and your cigarette packs keep hitting my window, would you mind just putting them in the bin? Sometikes they'll feel bad themselves and be decent.

Comment

Manager Is your post-code covered by selective licensing for private rental properties?

Comment

Yes and the necessary licence has already been acquired.

Comment

Hi Manager what about this,

Are there many flats in the block, neighbouring blocks, if so what about either

a) Making a generic letter to all flats, saying there have been reports about litter/rubbish in the common garden and to ask all neighbours to please respect the common garden areas and also report to the managing agents any occurances.

b) Do you own the flat if so can you contact the flats managing agents and see if they will help, or if you rent the flat contact the landlord and ask them to contact the managing agents.

Hopefully that gives you two options where you do not have to approach them directly yourself?

All the best Stew.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X