Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    I donpt know what the agents think they are playing at, but they are either incompetent or devious.

How is the inventory referred to in the tenancy agreement?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Yes, lots of photos, ideally date-stamped, of everything inside and out. And meter readings.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    Keep a copy of any correspondence where they state they haven't provided you with a copy of the Inventory, which you can state when you move out.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    Whilst it may not be a right to have an inventory I think it is pretty unusual and does raise suspicions about what they might try to do when you leave.

I would take my own photographs (lots of them!) and write to the agency detailing anything that is not perfect so you have a record of your own when you leave.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    You don't have a 'right' per-se, however, the inventory will have much less value for the landlord at move-out time if they have no proof that you accepted it on move-in.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Cahill
    started a topic Inventory

Inventory

Hi all,

I moved into my new flat about a month ago. On the day I signed the tenancy agreement with the letting agent they told me that an inventory had been done but they didn't have a paper copy so I asked if they could send me one ASAP and they agreed

Needless to say I didn't receive it so I chased it up. Their response was that '_______inspection reports are purely for office use only and as the apartment you have recently moved into was a new one for us, we have notated the condition of the apartment in respect to décor carpets and the appliances that have been provided'. They won't give me a copy basically.

My question is, as a tenant, do I have a right to see a copy of the inventory/inspection report?

Cheers for any advice.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X