Difficult situation with tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies. I have served them the section 21 notice now and in future I will ensure the we have a lodgers agreement between my son and other occupants in the property. I have landlords insurance on the house and was wondering if removing the AST agreements would have any bearing on my insurance policy. For tax purposes, the new occupants would pay the money into my bank account; would this create more complications and unknowingly imply a tenancy? I am just trying to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Comment

If the rent is paid to you, it completely undermines the notion that your son is the other occupant's landlords.

If you don't appreciate that that's a really stupid idea, this is never going to work.
      I'd take some (paid) professional advice before you do anything else.

This is a (highly regulated) business.

Standard landlord's insurance isn't likely to work, either.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Stop digging an expensive hole and undertake some LL training, pref with .NLA/RLA.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X