Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live in Landlord Right

Hi All,

My lodger just asked for reduction of rent. She said she has not been staying here much recently as she chose to stay with her boyfriend due to corona virus lockdown.

She said she is worried that she might losing her job because of this lockdown.

I think she is taking a piss. I did not ask her not to stay here and she chose to stay at her bf place. Also she is not losing her job yet.

I want to know what is live in landlord right in this corona virus period.

Many thanks
    Mike

You can just say no.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

You can also end her tenancy now. You have a right to say who stays with you in your own home. If she did not want to stay with you she could have given notice to leave prospectively not in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
        You can also end her tenancy now. You have a right to say who stays with you in your own home. If she did not want to stay with you she could have given notice to leave prospectively not in retrospect.
        Tbank you for the reply. But can I end lodger agreementbecause the government said it is illegal to evict anyone out now due to corona virus?

I am not sure if lodger is applicable within this clause.

Many thanks Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          You can just say no.
          Thank you for the reply. Is she protected by the new government corona virus law says tenant cant be evicted?

P.s. She is Lodger

Comment

Lodgers can still be evicted, the bill only covers tenants and isn't a ban on evictions anyway, it's an extension of the notice period from 2 months to 3 months.

Tell her she can pay rent or go and live with the bf. (Verbally, not in writing or by text/email).

That's then her choice and if she moves out it's not an eviction of any kind.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X