Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent payment holidays

Hello

As we all know that due to the outbreak of coronovirus a lot of disruption arising towards almost every sector including the private renting where the private tenants are loosing their jobs owing to this natural disaster. And at latest the govt has guaranteed that there won't be any eviction allowed for at least 3 months extendable to 6 months especially on grounds where the tenant couldn't be able to pay its rent. How about if a tenant stop paying the rent by exploiting the present offer and then later leave without leaving any contact and also by not bothering to claim his deposit back since the rent arrears would be higher than deposit then how the landlord will be able to recover his rent from that tenant. Is there any scheme gets introduced by the govt to support the landlords where they compensate to landlords similar to job retention scheme where few workers will still be paid 80% of their wages.

*Is there any scheme gets introduced by the govt to support the landlords where they compensate to landlords similar to job retention scheme where few workers will still be paid 80% of their wages.*

You must be having a laugh. This would be political suicide, seeing that landlords are widely seen as scum...

Comment

There is no such scheme in existence, if the tenant were to act in such a manner and you know where he/she works then you can apply to the Court for an attachment of earning relating to the debt once a County Court claim has been entered into.
      In the past I have used 192.com ( other similar firms are available) to track tenants who have done a runner , it takes time but has proved to be an exceptional way of tracking the whereabouts of individuals and enabling claims to be made in either the magistrates court or the small claims court.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonLover View Post
        *Is there any scheme gets introduced by the govt to support the landlords where they compensate to landlords similar to job retention scheme where few workers will still be paid 80% of their wages.*

You must be having a laugh. This would be political suicide, seeing that landlords are widely seen as scum...
        While it's true landlords are widely seen as scum, the reason for not bailing us out is because property investment is an investment business.

Investment is risky and we've just encountered an unexpected risk.
        My pension and other investments just tanked as the economy fell, and no one's compensating me for that either.

I have some issues with my occupation being either or both a business or an investment business when it suits, but that's been the case forever.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

How about if the landlord accommodate to their tenants for the next 3 months which might stretch to 6 months about which few websites/newspapers has hinted then would this rent arrears one day the tenant has to clear or the landlord has to write off these arrears

Comment

Originally posted by Manager View Post
            private tenants are loosing their jobs owing to this natural disaster.
            They are not.

Job losses are due to the Government's response to the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Manager View Post
              How about if the landlord accommodate to their tenants for the next 3 months which might stretch to 6 months about which few websites/newspapers has hinted then would this rent arrears one day the tenant has to clear or the landlord has to write off these arrears
              The rent is still due from the tenants (unless LL foolishly says otherwise).
              The issue is getting it from them.

Comment

I have heard from couple of well known estate agents that in a situation where their tenant will claim that their work has been dried up and they aren't able to pay & afford the rent then before they accommodate them will ask their relevant financial documents. Because govt is offering 80% of their wages where the business will keep employs their worker in their payroll even they sit home during this lockdown. Doesn't that is a good idea to catch liars pretending loss of their earning/job.

Comment

any well advised landlord will say I am prepared to defer part of the rent if you cannot pay in full, not waive it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X